BA's management is Dilbertian...

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by redtailshark, Jan 15, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    ...there, that should get things going around here.

I'd be happy to elaborate on the definition for those who aren't familiar with the concept :)

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. ukgooner
    Original Member

ukgooner Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think there might be a small child in Easter Island that isn't aware?

Having said that, no-one really reads Dilbert any more, so at some stage you will either have to spend longer explaining your metaphor so people get it, or better still...find a new one.

Nice try though...

jbcarioca and LETTERBOY like this.
  3. redtailshark

Status Points:
    jbcarioca likes this.
  4. ukgooner
    Original Member

ukgooner Silver Member

Status Points:
    Isn't that just vomiting up past detritus?

redtailshark, jbcarioca and LETTERBOY like this.
  5. redtailshark

Status Points:
    Ah! Classic BA intolerance! The association of texts written on MP with bodily waste project is classic Brit snarkery.

Anyway, that's no more true than your statement is classic stick-beak Nigellian apologism at work :)

BA Avios is better and more useful than it was in 2008, in some respects. It's still worthless for intercontinental travel in Y but it has other values. Irop handling remains a mixed bag - on some recent occasions BA have tried to ensure I was united with my checked bag, but on others, the awfulness of being downgraded to standby and then insulted by BA's arrogant and robotic CSRs, despite the connecting delay being 100% BA's own fault (mx as shown on screens), remains as before.

If even DL can manage priority rebooking for displaced pax, I always wonder why BA remain among the world's worst.

In spite of some minor improvements, the corporate culture is still problematic.

BA and the BBC share some typical cultural Brit-corp traits, which include the utter inability to take ownership of mistakes and bad decisions and to apologize for them. So awful!

jbcarioca likes this.
  6. David
    Original Member

David Silver Member

Status Points:
    Quite the reverse.

There is a reason why this place is dead, constant Dilbertian non-sense is a distinct part of it.

LETTERBOY and jbcarioca like this.
  7. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hear, hear.
    I am certainly no apologist for BA. Neither do I think sophomoric nonsense contributes much to the discussion.

redtailshark and LETTERBOY like this.
  8. redtailshark

Status Points:
    Hmmm....the forum evidence contradicts any insinuation that sharkesque Dilbertian references are somehow responsible for the lack of engagement or contribution here.

The data on viewings and responses shows quite the reverse, just as over at FT. When the shark appears, viewership goes up. In fairness, I have this effect on every forum. Muahahaha!

As for "contributing to the discussion" - that was bemoaned on other threads here before I spiced things up.

The thread about why is it so quiet on this board was posted without any Dilbertian analysis from me or anyone else. And it sank into the depths, echoing in the silence.....

Anyway, mission accomplished....it's less quiet now, we're having a fun discussion here! :p Or we would, if someone could advance a reason why BA management is NOT Dilbertian. And I don't see any such contribution here. It would be entertaining if the BA apologists would present a case.