BART Oakland airport link to open this year at sky-high cost

Discussion in 'SFO/OAK/SMF/SJC | San Francisco Area Airports' started by tom911, Apr 24, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/BART-Oakland-airport-link-to-open-this-year-at-5428538.php

HaveMilesWillTravel and uggboy like this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    For that price you could probably take a cab. Certainly if you are traveling with a companion.

3. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Cabs (and the current bus, for that matter) are too unreliable from a scheduling perspective. If it's $6, it's only $2 more than the SFO fee, and OAK is significantly more convenient for me than either SFO or SJC. However, if it's a short weekend trip, I'm probably still better off driving and paying $5 a day at an off-airport parking location.

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I have only taken the Air BART bus once when I parked the car at the airport long term lot and took the bus to a Raiders game. (One person in our party was flying out of OAK after the game, so that was another good reason). I personally haven't flown out of OAK in many years. Sadly none of the Bay Area airports have really good public transportation options.

5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Opening tomorrow. $6 each way.