Barrymore - the play until March 9th in YYZ

Discussion in 'YYZ/YTZ | Toronto Area Airports' started by RCyyz, Feb 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. RCyyz
    Original Member

RCyyz Silver Member

Here in YYZ we are blessed with a stunning performance of Christopher Plummer in the play Barrymore. The show is on only until March 9th at the Elgin Theatre in downtown YYZ.

Christopher Plummer stars in this one-man play. Obviously he doesn't just star in the show though - he is the show! And what a show it is! I will admit that I didn't really know what to expect when I went into the theatre, but I was immediately drawn into the performance. The emotions, voice control, character portrayals, facial expressions and so much more that Mr. Plummer can convey are simply astonishing. At one point (early in the second act) the audience broke into spontaneous applause - so powerful was the acting.

The play was short; it started at 20h00 and finished before 22h00. It's unfortunate in a way that it's so short because it was such a delight to partake in it. I must say, I'm personally inclined to go see it a second time.

If you have a chance to see this show in YYZ, don't hesitate!