Barclay's / US Airways Card Incident Causing Card Replacement

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by HaveMilesWillTravel, Jul 2, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Got a letter today from Barclay's. Basically says:

"As part of our regular review of account activity, we have identified your credit card to be at risk because of incidents at particular merchant(s) or payment processor(s).

... Barclaycard ... is taking precautionary measures to protect you and your account by replacing your credit card and monitoring your account for unusual activity.

... You will receive your new credit card with your new account number in the next two weeks. To ensure you still have an active card while you are waiting for your replacement card, we are keeping your current account open for the next 30 days."

Have to say I am surprised by their lack of urgency. Maybe a convenient way for them to weasel out of the $750 * 3 months = 15,000 miles bonus; July is my 3rd month on this card.

hulagrrl210 and garyst16 like this.
  2. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    Or they could be saying, "F*** it, we're losing the US card anyway."

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:

Well, I was saying "F*** 'em, I'll just accelerate a few donations and Kiva loans and be done with the $750 ahead of schedule."

Now if I could please have my 15,000 miles...