Barcelona!

Discussion in 'SAS | EuroBonus' started by jetsetter, Oct 27, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. jetsetter
    Original Member

jetsetter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi,

I am just wondering, does SAS suspend its flights to and from Barcelona during Dec/Jan? I have been trying to find any SAS booking to or from Barcelona during this period and it seems like there are no flights at all. This leaves me with the "option" of flying Norwegian only!

2. HerrO
    Original Member

HerrO Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am normally doing it with a LH combination as I do want to get miles and the price for the ticket is almost the same. Only issue is the 1 stop versus direct.

/HerrO

Fredrik likes this.
  3. jetsetter
    Original Member

jetsetter Silver Member

Status Points:
    From my home airport LH and SK are the same really. The only difference is I can buy one way tickets with SK and not LH.

4. HerrO
    Original Member

HerrO Silver Member

Status Points:
    Then choices are of course not that open :)

5. Merlin
    Original Member

Merlin Gold Member

Status Points:
    No problem buying a one way tickets with Lufthansa, but you have to pay full price. A trick with those kinds of carriers is buying a return ticket with a return date that looks like you will stay the night over from Saturday to Sunday and only use the first leg. Compared with a full price single ticket you may easily end up paying half the price for your one way flight. If you happens to try out wideroe.no you may also find other offers like Air Berlin via Berlin, Brussels Airlines via Brussels, Swiss via Zurich. If you try different ticket engines like Expedia then you can find more exotic offers like Finnair via Helsinki and Air Baltic via Riga and not so exotic KLM via Amsterdam, Air France via Paris, Austrian via Vienna and Norwegian for direct flight. It's absolutely no problem to get reasonably priced tickets if you can spend a few extra hours on the trip and you don't mind playing the dirty ticket game with some of the old school carriers.

HerrO likes this.
  6. jetsetter
    Original Member

jetsetter Silver Member

Status Points:
    I realise that Merlin and have done my fair share of buying return tickets for single way use. I am aware of the only options available to me (SK, LH, BA, DY & KL). The other options you mention do not fly to where I am with the exception of Air Baltic which they can't pay me enough to fly on. BA and KL not being as exotic of course means that I am stuck with the other 3 options. I want to fly SK. That's the point here, I would rather fly SK and connect in CPH, OSL or even go for a direct flight. The only issue I am having now is that SK is not offering any flights to BCN from anywhere at all during December and January. Not really an issue, more like a concern of why they dropped such a busy route. PRG seems to be another airport they don't seem to be servicing this December either. Just finding it odd!

7. Merlin
    Original Member

Merlin Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is not enough passengers like you in December and January. SAS fly to earn money, and for typical leisure destinations that means closure during the winter months.