Barcelona Hotel Recommendation

Discussion in 'Europe' started by JennB, Nov 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JennB
    Original Member

JennB Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm planning my first trip to Barcelona in a couple of weeks and am having a hard time figuring out where to stay. It seems like the most talked about property the the Hotel Arts but I'm a little discouraged by the location. As much as I love the sea, I'd prefer my hotel to be in the city center. I'll definitely visit the sea while I'm there but want to be closer to everything else for the majority of the time.

I'm considering Hotel 1898, it looks quite nice. Hotel Jazz looks good but it booked full on one of the nights I'll be there. I'd like to keep the price around or below 200 euros a night but in all honesty, I will go a good bit higher if the hotel is truly worth it. I like architecture and great service.How about the MO?

I'm in my early 30's, traveling alone, love something hip and modern but luxurious.

Thanks in advance! All suggestions or just related advice will be very much appreciated.

2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have you considered the W Barcelona as well? I believe it isn't located in the city center area but it is modern and hip while catering to people like you. :)

3. JennB
    Original Member

JennB Gold Member

Status Points:
    It looks quite cool but the location deters me on this one as well. My main thing to do in the city is photograph the architecture. I'll look at the website some though and think about it. It's definitely a nice hotel.

4. Gardyloo
    Original Member

Gardyloo Gold Member

Status Points:
    A few years ago we stayed at the Condes de Barcelona on Paseo de Gracia more or less across the street from La Pedrera and maybe a block or two from Casa Battlo. Decent enough place, but great location.

5. coflyer2

coflyer2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    ----------------------
    What hotel did you finally choose? I am looking at hotels for my December trip.

6. JennB
    Original Member

JennB Gold Member

Status Points:
    I chose the Hotel Soho based on a few things. I'm checking in tomorrow so I'll let you know how it is. I went back and forth between choosing a super luxury property or a room with a lot of space. I ended up going with what looks like a very well reviewed property in a good location but the thing that got me was the private terrace. I booked their biggest and best room because I so want to relax on this trip. So many people talked about the Ramblas areas and how busy they are and I know some people love that but I do need a little peace and quiet on vacation, especially after spending the last week in Paris.