Barbados And Delta Air Lines Announce Launch Of Nonstop Flights From New York And Atlanta To Barbado

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by WilliamQ, Jun 26, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Service to Begin Twice Weekly on December 4, 2014.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ba...a-to-barbados-2014-06-25?reflink=MW_news_stmp

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ba...a-to-barbados-2014-06-25?reflink=MW_news_stmp

gregm and Newscience like this.
  2. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:

gregm and Newscience like this.
  3. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Fair enough the PR fluff may make interesting reading for those who know little about the place but I find Barbados the most boring of the Caribbean islands I have been to. I would further go on to say that its popularity is to a great extent due to the fact it was and still is the retreat of the rich English elites for the years..no wonder the place is dubbed "little England" among its Caribbean neighbors.

There is better rum made in the other islands, the cuisine of the French islands of Martinique and Guadeloupe is waaay better and so is Jamaica which undergoing a real culinary renaissance.
    As far as the beaches go only the south side of the island has swimmable beaches (north is too exposed to the Atlantic) but have a front going through from the west and you stay out of the water all round.

Just about the only thing going for Barbados it that is "safer" than most of the other islands.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  4. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. All destinations have their ups and downs. Thanks @WilliamQ for the news about the flights.

WilliamQ likes this.
  5. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Gee.. I didn't think it was ambiguous that I was expressing anything but my own opinion about a place I have actually been to :rolleyes:

6. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    My post was just a reply, not a 'reprimand', (for lack of a better word.)

Flyer1976 and newbluesea like this.