Bank of America Cash Rewards

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by MrPiggy, Feb 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MrPiggy
    Original Member

MrPiggy Active Member

Status Points:
    Bank of America offers their 1% unlimited cashback Visa credit card with a $50 statement credit after making $50 in purchases in the first 60 days. You can see the card and sign up from Bank of America's home page.

What is interesting about this card is that they have had targeted offers in the past for enhanced rewards. The current offer available to the general public includes 3% unlimited cash back at gas, grocery and drug stores for the first 6 months but there have been additional targeted offers via the mail for even better offers including a > 2% card with no limits and no expiration and one offer that offered > 5% cash back for the first 12 months.

If you receive one of these special targeted offers this is a great place to let people know but be careful sharing the code as Bank of America intends the code for a single person and there can be issues if too many people use the same code to apply.

Keep an eye on your mail and don't throw away those Bank of America credit card offers for their Cash Rewards card without carefully reading the terms, these extra special offers may not be apparent at first glance.

2. Bluto
    Original Member

Bluto Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have the 2% cash back version of this card. You get a 25% bonus if you redeem in $300 cash back increments so effectively this is a 2.5% cash back card on everyday spend. Plus, it has no annual fee and it is a visa. There are no limits. It's the best cash back card that I know of.

3. What is the name of that card? Is that card still being offered?

4. Bluto
    Original Member

Bluto Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is also called the Bank of America Cash Rewards card. It's a targeted offer. MrPiggy alludes to it in the 2nd paragraph of the 1st post of this thread. I am not sure why my wife got targeted for this card but I am glad she did. If anyone has had success requesting this version of the card, please share.

5. MrPiggy
    Original Member

MrPiggy Active Member

Status Points:
    Very good, I know of three variations of the Bank of America Cash Rewards Card:
    1) The standard 1% plus 25% bonus, 1.25% card
    2) The 2% + 25% bonus, 2.5% card
    3) A 5% + 25% bonus, 6.25% card but this one only offers 6.25% for the first year

They are all targeted offers, you need the invitation code that comes with the offer and the invitation codes aren't supposed to be shareable. Keep your eyes on the mailbox and if you find one of the golden 6.25% offers kindly let us know.

The 2.5% card is one of the best cards around, see my other thread for the 5% for 6 months Chase AARP card and there are some other cards no longer available that still pay more than 2.5%

6. FlashBack
    Original Member

FlashBack Silver Member

Status Points:
    I do not think it is being offered anymore. If by chance someone still has a working code it is possibly to find other working codes with this information.

7. julielou2
    Original Member

julielou2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Simple cash rewards. Yup, my offers have been for the simple cash rewards...1% cash back along with the potential 25% bonus. I wish I was more complex...maybe I would've been sent a more complex offer...like the 2% version.