Bangkok Hotel Recommendation

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by ezb, Jan 9, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. ezb

ezb Silver Member

Status Points:
    Will be traveling to Bangkok with family of 4 [2 teens]. Only staying 3 nights before we head to beach areas.

Looking for a recommendation an area to stay. We'll only have 3 days or so to explore.

I've found several reasonably priced hotels that include 2 bedroom suites, such as the Anantara Bangkok Sathorn and the Oriental Residence Bangkok. Wondering how these locations are?

Kalboz, uggboy and Newscience like this.
  2. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    uggboy and Newscience like this.
  3. ezb

ezb Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow. Thanks. It appears, after a quick scan, that 99% of the info in there is posted by you! Other than travel, what do you do :)

uggboy and Kalboz like this.
  4. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    In Bangkok? I nap, eat, drink, and enjoy the 5-star properties while wife vents to her family about how a terrible husband and father I have been spending so much time online :D

jwsky, LIH Prem, uggboy and 2 others like this.
  5. ezb

ezb Silver Member

Status Points:
    Are you familiar with the Oriental Residence Bangkok? They have a nice 2-bedroom suite with kitchen that I can book using AA miles for a reasonable rate.

6. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Never stayed at the Oriental Residence but it is supposed to be one of the best in Bangkok ... Go for it! Great location on Wireless with walking distance to the light monorail station (BTS) at Phloenchit. Great properties located on the same blvd. such as the Royal Meridien Plaza Athenee, Conrad Bankok, Centerpoint, and I believe they are building an Indigo (IHG boutique brand) next to the Conrad. The US Embassy, residence, and the consulate affairs are all located on the same thoroughfare. And with 2-bedrooms and a kitchen and a good rate to boot (normal rate $320/night ai), you can't go wrong with that.

uggboy and ezb like this.
  7. ezb

ezb Silver Member

Status Points:
    Now that you bring it up, I can get the Centre Point Hotel Ploenchit for only 40K miles total for 3 nights for a 2-bedroom suite.

8. ezb

ezb Silver Member

Status Points:
    Or the Centre Point Sukhumvit for 56K miles for a 2-bedroom Grand Suite with Breakfast.

Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  9. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    FWIW, I stayed at the Peninsula hotel in Bangkok a few years ago, and was amazed at the service (including in-room check-in with late arrival) and amenities. But, I think now that you've got Kalboz's ear, you needn't go any further! ;)

You may also want to keep up with this Milepoint page just to check on daily deals:

http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/daily-bonus-offers-highlight.8643/page-23#post-2252203

Enjoy!

10. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Centre Point Hotel Ploenchit is great and closer to the BTS station but it is dated and not as luxurious as the Oriental Residence Bangkok. But if it is you goal to be out & about exploring Bangkok, these might not be factors that you care about.

Wow! 40K AA miles are worth a fortune ~ $700 ... how much is it for the Oriental Residence?

uggboy likes this.
  11. colt245

colt245 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am looking to go to Thailand this summer and whilst in Bangkok had considered the 'Le Meridien' hotel, or the Royal Orchid Sheraton and Tower Hotel, as both have quite good offers at the moment for deluxe rooms with breakfast, but this is for June so unsure how prices would be depending on when you would be looking to go.

Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  12. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would recommend the Oriental Residence, we haven't stayed there yet, but it is already known to be one of the best places to stay in Bangkok.

It's rare to have access to so much luxury at this price point. I also presume as the Oriental Residence gets more established in the future and known overnight rates will go up. Looking up the hotel, at the moment it's a wonderful value proposition.

Kalboz likes this.
  13. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds good to me. :):D:cool:

Kalboz likes this.
  14. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    For a regular room, I wouldn't pay more than $125 a night at either property - maybe $150 a night with breakfast all in. 4 weeks a head of arrival is ample time. I'd place a price alert with a secondary website to watch the rate and if drops under a certain point, I'd book with the SPG website. If the price on SPG website is higher, then I'd submit a BRG claim.
    Sure, but the OP has not reported what rate they are paying. BTW, June is in the low season.

uggboy likes this.
  15. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    I usually schlep my way around town when I get request from members here to find something for them or a question that I want to answer. :)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
    uggboy likes this.
  16. ezb

ezb Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think it was in the 80k range for the oriental. And this was for the 2 bedroom suite. I'm away from my MacBook at the moment but will confirm the rate.

Kalboz likes this.
  17. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Conrad Residences is having a 72-hour sale. A 2-bedroom suite is going for $170/night all in until April 1st: http://en.hiltonhoteldeals.com/72hrssale

18. ezb

ezb Silver Member

Status Points:
  19. hattershide

hattershide Active Member

Status Points:
    We are going to Thailand in October. Bangkok, chaing Mai and rai then down to the beaches. Where should we stay and visit for luxury and good prices. Diamond at Hilton and ihg. Have Hyatt and SPG. Open for any and all suggestions!!!

20. colt245

colt245 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do you want hotels for each destination? If you're looking for luxury in Chaing Mai I would recommend ''Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai'' but then it depends on your budget! But it does cater to everything luxury! Alternatively I know of some friends that stayed in Shangri-La Hotel in Chaing Mai and loved it. Bangkok has endless luxury hotels that you can stay in.