Bangkok Airways - Interlining Bags?

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Asia/Australia' started by gleff, May 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    I didn't think Bangkok Airways interlined at all. But then some friends were flying HKG-BKK-USM on TG and PG and TG checked their bags all the way through in Hong Kong. And they made it. :)

Anyone know if they'll interline with CX?

Flying USM-BKK-HKG on PG and CX, separate tickets, would love to check bags all the way through at USM (assuming I can clear passport control at USM and be treated as a transit passenger at BKK, as I do at HKT or CNX).

2. ChicagoEric
    Original Member

ChicagoEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    I suspect the answer is yes.

We flew ORD-MUC-BKK on LH and then TG (on an award ticket that you booked for us, actually) and then bought a ticket BKK-USM on PG. Agent in chicago was able to check the bags through to USM. They showed up in Koh Samui just fine.

3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Thanks. I've gathered they'll interline with TG but wondering whether it's a limited relationship (TG and maybe a few others) or whether they interline broadly or at least in particular with CX :)

4. ChicagoEric
    Original Member

ChicagoEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yep - your post made that clear. I need to read more closely. ;)

5. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Well I emailed them and they got back to me, yes they will interline bags with Cathay.