Baluchi's, NYC great Indian Food :)

Discussion in 'New York Area' started by TrueBlueFlyer, Feb 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. TrueBlueFlyer
    Original Member

TrueBlueFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Baluchi's - Indian Restaurant
    www.baluchis.com
    193 Spring Street (near 6th Ave)
    Manhattan, SoHo

Although this is a chain with many locations throughout Manhattan and other boro's, this is a pretty cozy and charming restaurant with delicious Indian food. There's one just around the corner from the Indian Tourist Visa place on 53rd Street in midtown, in case you're feeling like Indian while waiting for your visa. ;)

Surprisingly, working on Canal and Hudson St there weren't too many good restaurants in the area. However this chain was always among my favorite to go with coworkers. The food was good, the prices just right (they have a lunch special 50% off all items on the menu, which is reasonable for Manhattan) I have been to a few other Indian restaurants around Greenwich St and Houston St, both offered buffet style dining but their food was not as fresh or delicious as Baluchi's.

You can also get AAdvantage or Mileage Plus Dining miles for dining at this joint as it participates in the Rewards network.

Bon appetit!

2. I'll need to give it a try. They are doing well with 12 locations in restaurant competitive NY.

I spent a lot of time in India last year. I love fresh baked Roti !
    We tried to avoid any place we didn't see a clay oven

3. TrueBlueFlyer
    Original Member

TrueBlueFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    there is another Indian place (non-chain) on Amsterdam Ave in the 80's that my coworker and I stumbled upon and really liked

unlike Baluchi's their Roti and Nan were quite different, and according to my coworker who is of Indian descent from Trinidad, its the more authentic version