Bali Hotel

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Halothane, Mar 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Halothane
    Original Member

Halothane Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey guys!

Just dropping in to ask for some reccs on Bali properties/villas/rentals. There will be three of us going to Bali for 5 nights in July. We will need two beds. Looking to either stay at a nice hotel or possibly rent a villa or something similar. We tend to like staying at small and intimate properties. I've obviously read reviews on tripadvisor and elsewhere but would like some personal opinions from my fellow milepointers. We are looking for a nice and laid back vacation with some occasional touring but nothing to intensive on the tourist circuit.

Any ideas would be fantastic!

Halothane

jbcarioca, Kalboz and karenkay like this.
  2. savydog
    Original Member

savydog Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at the Ayana Resort which is anything but small and intimate so can't help there. Could be worth a visit to the rock bar at sunset for a cocktail.

With regards to touring I used Bali Traditional Tours http://balitraditionaltours.com/about_us.php and can recommend them. Price is around $80 a day and that is for vehicle and guide not per person. Some of the pics I took on 2 separate day tours with him I have posted here http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/bali-photos.3328/

jbcarioca and Chimpy like this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I suspect that you want to stay away from the backpacker parties in Kuta. Do you want a beach resort, a town, etc.? Also, do you want to be relatively near the airport or on the other end of the island. If you decide on Nusa Duo (spelling), one of the smaller properties is the Laguna Resort (Starwood Luxury Collection, which has lots of suites that could work for you as well as a bunch of villas, some near the beach and some in a special luxury section with their own lobby and pool. Watch out for mildew problems.

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. karenkay
    Original Member

karenkay Gold Member

Status Points:
    bummed we're going to miss each other in bali, we'll be there two months earlier!

we have a recommendation from a friend who travels there frequenly, he suggested we stay at indah bambu, it's in/near ubud. reading about it on tripadvisor it sounds pretty marvelous...an eco-resort, lovely, local, good--local--food. am in the process of reserving for may, can report back.

jbcarioca likes this.
  5. Halothane
    Original Member

Halothane Silver Member

Status Points:

KK,
    We always seem to miss each other! Definitely let me know about where you're staying!

jbcarioca and Kalboz like this.
  6. karenkay
    Original Member

karenkay Gold Member

Status Points:
    it looks great...just found a nytimes article about it. rooms/cottages cheaper now, the most expensive is $275.

jbcarioca likes this.
  7. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    jbcarioca, savydog and Chimpy like this.
  8. G_G
    Original Member

G_G Gold Member

Status Points:
    We stayed at the Sri Phala Resort and Villa in Sanur : it's a nice boutique hotel.
    we had a pleasant villa of two floors: 1st floor with double bed and bath/toilet, 2nd floor two beds with shower/toilet.
    There was a small private garden around the villa.
    http://www.sriphala.com/

jbcarioca and savydog like this.
  9. Chimpy
    Original Member

Chimpy Gold Member

Status Points:
    jbcarioca, Kaanapali, JALPak and 3 others like this.
  10. sgkis
    Original Member

sgkis Silver Member

Status Points:
    W Retreat & Spa Bali Seminyak is a new property too! But it's definitely not going to be "intimate", if that's what you are seeking. I stayed at the The Chedi Club when i was there, and there was lots of space to roam about. The lightings at night around the padi fields were especially mesmerizing. Otherwise, there are villas for rental too. They are owned by expats who bought them as holidays homes. While they are not there, the units are let out for visitors. Most come with butler and F&B teams too!

11. TrueBlueFlyer
    Original Member

TrueBlueFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just returned from Bali. Hotel I stayed at wasn't so nice, but saw very neat properties along the way.

Enjoy your trip!

jbcarioca, Kalboz and savydog like this.
  12. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm staying here, because, well, I was until recently an unemployed software engineer, so there's not a lot of extra money...

http://www.tropicalbalihotel.com/

$40 USD a night with the place not looking like a pigsty, free breakfast and pickup at DPS included? Good reviews on TripAdvisor? Yes, please.

jbcarioca, Kalboz and savydog like this.
  13. Bali has lots of wonderful resorts available near beaches. You can find there many option for accommodations.

14. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I didn't end up there. They went out of business. :(

I ended up here:

http://www.theharmonyseminyakbali.com/

and here:

http://rambutan.org/

Rambutan is a complete steal, as long as you're not expecting the W Seminyak or some highfalutin' Nusa Dua 5 star hotel.

15. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
  16. geneoliver

geneoliver Member

Status Points:
    Safir Hoda Ai-wali provides legendary services and flawless attention to details, sharing the unique experience with the religious tourism in the Holy city of Karbala'a and the first class service.

Kalboz likes this.
  17. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Um, the hotel you are describing with language that sounds like a cut and paste job from some website is in Egypt. Bali's about 6000 miles away from Egypt.

18. LuizzeOliveira

LuizzeOliveira Silver Member

Status Points:
    According to me, Bali is a heart of Indonesia and home of luxury resorts and high class hotels. Bali's The Samaya Villas is my most favourite resort. It's beach view is awesome and it's peaceful, fresh and cool weather is perfect for reduce stress.

19. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    I learn something new every day ... :)

jbcarioca likes this.
  20. Bonnie
    Original Member

Bonnie Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Viceroy Resort, near Ubud. Beyond sensational!!

21. iterfacio12

iterfacio12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Intercontinental Bali Resort is nothing short of superb (the best IC I've ever stayed at). The grounds literally are immaculate, the beach is kept clean, the restaurants are great, and they offer a variety of activities (releasing baby sea turtles, bike tours to the market, cooking classes with the chef which involves picking up your own fresh fish from the fish market). That being said, it's not small and intimate (though you can get private villas, with the corresponding costs). I'm actually heading back there in mid-June.

22. sosphistocles

sosphistocles Silver Member

Status Points:
    Best IC??? That's a pretty big statement. I usually stay at the Conrad. Perhaps I should give the IC a try. I'm guessing the service from the staff you experienced was outstanding?