BALI dec 28-jan 6 Where to Stay?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by cotter77, Jul 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. cotter77
    Original Member

cotter77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    looking for advice on accommodations this winter in Bali. I was hoping to stay somewhere near some surf and at a nice 1 bedroom villa rental (like on VRBO.com), something not too upscale but some of the usually bali type ammenities like a plunge pool and areas to relax, bikes/scooters would be nice (i have seen them before on bali vrbo's but maybe i wasnt looking at prices yet..
    But its just the 2 of us and it seems most villas are just too big and too expensive over all.
    Currently considering the Laguna Nusa Dua on SPG on points (thereby kissing my big transfer to AA and attempt at AA lifetime gold goodbye). But the Laguna seems to oblige you to dropp 400-500$ on forcing you to attend their new years festivities.
    other activities we would pursue are scuba diving and maybe a day or two exploring Ubud and touring some temples etc.

Any recommendations out there for a decent not too luxurious place to stay for 2?

JohnDeere19 and uggboy like this.
  2. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Intercontinental Bali is fantastic...not sure what prices are running right now though

uggboy likes this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    What about the Conrad Bali...or the Hyatt Bali // Grand Hyatt Bali and yes, the Intercontinental Bali.......seems perfect in every way!:)

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  4. YBJFK

YBJFK Active Member

Status Points:
    I love Bali, if you go to uBud you must eat at Moziac and take the cooking lessons. Just know if you take the cooking lesson you will not need to eat dinner that night. Also, I must say that staying at the Hanging Gardens in Ubud is the only way to go. The wild monkeys that visit you at the Hanging Gardens are truly a wonderful experience. I stayed at the Westin on points, and purchased the room and board the first time I was there. It was ok, the lounge was great...one of my favorites...but the rooms were just ok.

5. Halothane
    Original Member

Halothane Silver Member

Status Points:
    I recently completed a trip to Bali and stayed at Bermimpi Bali Villa for 5 nights and we enjoyed our stay. The Villa Manager, Ari, was absolutely fantastic in helping to arrange various activities for us. All we did was give her a call and she took care of it...and generally was several thousand IDR cheaper than we could have arranged on our own. They also offer an option for a morning breakfast hamper....Our hamper included eggs, pastries, cereal, milk, orange juice, fresh cut fruit, and a loaf of bread. The breakfast hamper came fully stocked each day. The villa was a 5 minute walk from Ku de Ta and Seminyak Beach.

We really enjoyed our stay here and it was affordable. Good luck!

6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at the Laguna Resort in January with a package that included a cooking lesson and market tour. There should be a master thread in the SPG forum of MP with my review. There's not much surf at the beach on the property, which seems to be in a bay with some breakers; the same is true for many of the Nua Dusa resorts.

The Westin next door seemed more oriented toward families with children.

If you do SPG, there's also a St Regis in a different area of Nua Dusa and a new W on Bali.