Bags That Fit?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by guberif, May 11, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey all - I've searched a bit, but am really having a hard time with definitive info.

I'd like to know from others - what carry-on rollers do you have that FIT in the new UA baggage sizers?

I know this Rimowa does, via MommyPoints' post today. I'm looking for a bag that fits where I don't have to trade a kidney.

Thanks!

mommypoints likes this.
  2. konoyaro

konoyaro Silver Member

Status Points:
    The dimensions posted by United are 9x14x22

While the pattern may have limited appeal, this one looks to be a good deal on the Tumi T-Tech International Carry-On which has been reported to fit into the United sizers.

3. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the comment. That bag looks very "Wal-Mart"..... My point in posting this message is wondering what actually fits; it seems like bags vary widely in size from their listed dimensions.

4. FortFun
    Original Member

FortFun Gold Member

Status Points:
  5. konoyaro

konoyaro Silver Member

Status Points:
    That bag is reported as actually fitting and you mentioned not wanting to pay for something as expensive as Rimowa, so I mentioned it specifically. Good luck with your search.

theBOAT likes this.
  6. HubletUAFlyer

HubletUAFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Colleague just bought this bag

Www.minaal.com

I hammer my luggage and where possible do carry on only for international trips (99.9% of my travel)

I've looked this over and played with it a bit.... LOVE IT!

surprisingly large and extremely well built.

Checks all my boxes

(And no...I am not affiliated with this company in any way)

7. ChrisUNC

ChrisUNC Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Rimowa Salsa Deluxe is an amazing bag. I purchased mine on SMD5 and can't imagine traveling without it. Living in Richmond, VA, I'm frequently subjected the horrors of regional jet travel. This bag fits in the overhead on all RJ 135/140/145 and CRJ 200/700/900 aircraft. It's so nice not having to wait plane-side for my bag. The gate agents will almost always tell you the bag won't fit and insist on tagging on - so I usually just let them tag it and then just carry it on the plane with me (it's much easier than arguing with them about it).

Hartmann and mommypoints like this.
  8. HubletUAFlyer

HubletUAFlyer Gold Member

Status Points: