Baggage handlers filmed tossing Ryanair luggage onto tarmac

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Europe' started by uggboy, Jul 22, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Baggage handlers filmed tossing Ryanair luggage onto tarmac

WilliamQ and Newscience like this.
  2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Both are bad but I think this is worse. In the Air Canada case, I recall the handlers drop the baggage down to some cushioning / padded materials and not direct onto the tarmac. Here, it gets thrown / slide across the tarmac then thrown onto the air plane. I suspect this will result in almost guaranteed damage to the luggage in question. I really must pad / protect my check in luggage more. I think this happens more frequently then we care to believe.

blackjack-21, uggboy and Newscience like this.
  4. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The AC baggage throwers are well known for having better aim then those cavaliers who handle the Ryanair flights, thus providing a softer landing for the larger suitcases that otherwise would have suffered irrepairable damage to their undersides, all the while completely destroying the contents inside beyond any recognizeable recognition upon arrival at their destination hotels where the items that should have been reported at the airport but weren't are finally discovered to be in the condition that they weren't expected to be in upon arrival. Besides, cavaliers are not noted to get training in baggage handing amongst their many other chores, including being extremely caval at times.

Hence travel baggage insurance is strongly suggested if not overwhemingly needed.

Newscience likes this.