Baggage Drop at EWR not available?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Albert, May 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Albert
    Original Member

Albert Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd online check-in yesterday for my EWR-SFO flight and I was a bit surprised when I got to EWR that they did not have anyone dedicated to the Bag Drop line at Premier Check-in. Given that it is a holiday weekend, they basically merged all of 1k, Premier and Bag Drop into one line. I unfortunately had to check my bag due to liquids (oddly transporting wine from Spain to SF), so I was annoyed to wait half an hour at Premier Check-in to just unload my bag. There was a sign for Bag Dropoff, but the woman at the Premier area told us that there was only one line for all Premiers. I guess I am just surprised by the short staff for a holiday weekend.

2. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    Let them know! Drop them a note on United.com

3. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Premier Access area at EWR is always horribly understaffed on holiday weekends. I try to avoid it whenever possible. The horrible midlevels solution to oversized baggage (skis) is to leave bags on a cart, and they'll bring it up when they feel like it. I've tipped porters to run it up for me. Well worth the premium to fly via LGA whenever possible.

One tip that I have is to drop bags off at A and then take the airtrain to C. A is much less crowded.

4. Albert
    Original Member

Albert Gold Member

Status Points:
    I will try dropping luggage off in A, normally I travel with my carry-on, but had a bag this time. Thanks for the tip.