Bag check though to Philippines Airlines?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by dbeedle, Jan 27, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. dbeedle

dbeedle Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all!

I and a buddy are headed to the Philippines for a dive trip in a few weeks and we're trying to plan our lay over at LAX. I'm on a AA rewards ticket with a route of BMI (Bloomington IL) to ORD to LAX. At LAX we have a 6.5 hour layover before out flight to Manila on Philippians Air (then on to Dumaguete [DGT] on Cebu Pacific) . The question, do you think it's possible to check our bags in BMI though to MNL? I'm not to worried about hte MNL to DGT leg. The tickets are not linked, the PAL ticket was is a group booking (the trip is a package out of LA).

The gist of this is that we each have passes to the Admirals Club in Terminal 4 (domestic). The PAL flight is out of the International Terminal though and we're wondering if we do need to collect our bags in LA, if we can check them over at PAL and get back to the Admirals Club in Term. 4? If we can check though to MNL I don't think there is a problem. It looks like we currently have to leave the secured area to get to the international terminal.

Thanks for any tips!

2. pkerr

pkerr Active Member

Status Points:
    Don't know about checking bags all the way through but you DO have leave the secured area to go from AA's domestic terminal to get to the new International terminal.

3. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    The answer is yes, you can check the bag through to MNL, but you will need to explicitly make the request at check in at BMI, since the US domestic and the TPAC PNRs are separate. You will, of course, need to pick up the baggage in MNL and recheck it for the domestic segment.

dbeedle likes this.
  4. dbeedle

dbeedle Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the notes! NYCUA1K, I had hoped and though this would be the case. I'll take it up with the agent in BMI.