Bad News for BOGOs - No more in 2011

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by bk3day, Sep 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. bk3day
    Original Member

bk3day Gold Member

Status Points:
    as posted on FT at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17149516-post189.html

Hopefully, Marriott will realize how much this bennie was revered & 2012 will bring a true enhancement.

I've just canceled several discretionary bookings made in anticipation of Fall/Winter BOGOs & I know many others are doing the same.

FALL BOGO For EEO's

Hello all,

Due to a re-vamping of the Buy-One-Get-One Elite Exclusive Offers for stay and dining, the offers have been place on hold. There will not be any BOGO's for stays or dining offered for the remainder of 2011.

We will keep you posted on offers for 2012.

Kind regards,

Marie

MyTravels likes this.
  2. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for reporting the news (even if it isn't what we wanted to hear)

3. carpe diem
    Original Member

carpe diem Silver Member

Status Points:
    Loss of lounges on weekends and now the BOGO disappearance.....where's the carrot?

Plus the new! account and reservation summary that makes it much more difficult to keep track of upcoming reservations. (Wish I could see all my reservations at once.... I long for the good old days......) What's happening???

4. cfischer
    Original Member

cfischer Silver Member

Status Points:
    This sucks! One of the few remaining benis is gone. I'll have to switch back to Hilton becausde the guaranteed lounge access is not good enough to stay w/ Marriott considering lounges are closed on weekends and there is no free breakfast either. EEO was a reason to stay, but now I need to reconsider. Bad move Marriott!