Bad Experience on Recent AV Flight BOG-SJO

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | South America' started by KenInEscazu, Dec 17, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have flown AV Clase Ejecutiva many, many times between BOG and SJO, and other than the food, my biggest complaint has been that people ALWAYS recline right into my lap immediately after lift off. It's like it's choreographed.

This Monday's flight had a completely opposite problem (?), however. I was exhausted and looking forward to getting a couple of hours of rest during the flight. When I tried to recline, the seat would only go back one tiny notch. It wasn't just mine, it was all of the seats up front.

Although the interior of this A320 didn't seem to be brand new, it wasn't old, and it was a seat I have never seen before. Power, no footrests, plenty of space under the seats in front of me.... Completely different from the variety I'm accustomed to on AV. The lack of recline made it impossible to get comfortable, so no sleep,

Just wondering if anyone else knows anything about this unusual configuration, as I'm now afraid to book it again on any upcoming trips.

Another odd thing was my first flight of the day from MDE-BOG. A 5:50 am departure on a new A321. Seems like a big plane for a 40 minute flight with mind-boggling frequency. And only 12 Clase Ejecutiva seats on that thing! They reclined right into my face, as usual, though. My previous flights have all been on A318, 319 and 320 aircraft, with the A318 being the most common.

uggboy and iolaire like this.