BAA to sell Edinburgh airport

Discussion in 'EDI/GLA | Central Scotland Area Airports' started by uggboy, Oct 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    BAA to sell Edinburgh airport:confused:

Airport operator BAA has opted to keep Glasgow airport over Edinburgh, following the Competition Commission’s ruling that it must sell one of the two key Scottish airports.

BAA says it is now “commencing preparations for a sale and expects to formally approach the market in the New Year with a view to agreeing a sale by Summer 2012”.

Explaining the decision to sell Edinburgh instead of the smaller Glasgow facility, BAA’s CEO Collin Matthews said:

MUCH MORE!>http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/baa-to-sell-edinburgh-airport

rwoman and Kalboz like this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have not been to EDI, but hope this brings good changes. I know the LGW renovations have been really great!

uggboy likes this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    We have been to Edinburgh two times so far and cannot really complain about the airport, very good airlink bus connections to the city and efficient handling of check-in // arrivals, this is what we remember most, but could also remember that it can get very crowded and busy. They want to extend the airport too, hopefully. Indeed, LGW has seen a lot change since changing hands and we give it a thumbs up!:)

rwoman likes this.
  4. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good to know if I feel called to make the flight up to EDI vice taking the train. :D

uggboy likes this.
  5. nawazshahbaz

nawazshahbaz New Member

Status Points:
    this is very nice post