BAA free companion tickets

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by janeen1809, Nov 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. I have two BAA earned free companion tickets but can never redeem them. Any advice?

2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Am I the only one that feels like the OP is trying to sell the companion tickets... :confused:

3. What is an OP? and no not trying to sell anything.
    dont be rude! trying to find out to use them they say they never have seats!

Jimgotkp likes this.
  4. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    I apologize then. On FT, there are a good number of people who try to sell stuff like this since it would break the forum's T&Cs. I'm sure MP has a similiar T&C regarding the selling of items.

5. jetsetr
    Original Member

jetsetr Gold Member

Status Points:
    OP = Original Poster

I think Jimgotkp was joking.

It is difficult to find reward space in Y/C/F (Econ/Biz/First) for two, but not impossible. You can use the BA.com "Spending My Miles" link to find available destinations and dates.

Whatwasthat... likes this.
  6. Thank you i will try that.

7. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP, janeen1809!

lwkatya likes this.
  8. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not sure why you are struggling to find any availablity, just wondering if you are doing the correct search. Remember if you are talking about the BA companion tix due to Chase $30k spend, the companion tix is only available on BA metal originating from the US I believe.

We were able to book tixs in early Oct for flights in November SFO-LHR RT in First. When we booked, the exact dates we wanted were not available, however I checked on Expert Flyer and could see there were lots of seats available so we figured that as the departure date got closer more seats would open up. Sure enough, we were able to change both legs of our journey online as seats were released. All this involved was me logging in every day to see what was available.

YULtide likes this.
  9. ossipago

ossipago Silver Member

Status Points:
    What are the taxes and fees on a BA LHR RT? I suspect people may be trying the 2-4-1 on other metal to avoid some of the YQ and fees.

10. jetsetr
    Original Member

jetsetr Gold Member

Status Points:
    In general, fees are high, and are on a sliding scale depending on class of service. For example, my FC redemption cost $750 per person in fuel surcharges and taxes.

NOTE that the BA Chase Visa 2-4-1s can ONLY be used on BA metal, and travel MUST originate in the US.

Toula likes this.