BA769 OSL-LHR in Club Europe + OSL Lounge

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by martinfoss, Sep 27, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. martinfoss
    Original Member

martinfoss Silver Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG]

22. september 2012
    Oslo Gardermoen (OSL) -London Heathrow (LHR)
    British Airways BA769
    Airbus A319
    G-EUPH
    Seat 1A
    Club Europe/Business Class

Last Saturday I flew on the BA769, the last flight out of OSL to LHR with a 21:05 departure. I was a bit curious on what to excpect: Was it gonna be an empty flight with good service? Would I get a tired crew eager to get home?

2. martinfoss
    Original Member

martinfoss Silver Member

Status Points:
    I arrived at the airport over two hours before the flight. There were almost no check in lines, and I quickly had my boarding pass for seat 1A. No bags checked.

[​IMG]

I headed for the lounge. After you have passed through security, taken a right into the international area and gone either through or around the Duty Free store, look for these signs. BA uses the OSL lounge.

[​IMG]

uggboy likes this.
  3. martinfoss
    Original Member

martinfoss Silver Member

Status Points:
    The lounge was quiet. The BA flight was the last departure among the airlines that uses the lounge and according to the seat map we were only two passengers in Club Europe. There was one passenger in the lounge already who left when they called the Aeroflot flight to Moscow, which left about an hour before the BA flight. A third passenger (the other CE passenger from my fligght) also showed up.

[​IMG]

Not the biggest food selection, but still quite good (and still more than the sandwiches that you get in some of BAs own lounges at different outstations).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OY-JFS and uggboy like this.
  4. martinfoss
    Original Member

martinfoss Silver Member

Status Points:
    After a while, gate 58A showed on the monitors. I found that a bit strange, as gates with a letter usually indicates bussing. I really couldn't uinderstand that the non-Schengen area would be that full on that time of a Saturday evening. After leaving the lounge and arriving at the gate, I did however find out that 58A was a normal gate, while 58BCDEF (or something) were used for the bus gates down stairs.

I soon boarded, and found seat 1A. The other passenger was seated in 2A, and there were a total fof 4 rows in Club Europe. As mentioned, I was curious what to excpect. With two passengers: How many meals would be loaded? Club Europe have to meal choices, but I was not really sure if they would actually load two of each. While still at the gat, I did however hear the male purser inform the gentleman behind me that his vegetarinan meal was loaded. That meant I could choose between the other two options. Or so I thought ;)

We left the gate quite early, and the captain expected an on-time arrivel (due to headwinds).

After take off, the purser started to shine: Hot towel were handed out, with a "Mr. Foss. How are you today?". First, I like the name-thing. It makes the service seem a bit more personal, but on the short flights I 've only heard it at the door while boarding.

A bar service was ran first, and again: "Mr. Foss, would you like something to drink before dinner?". I selected Champagne. "Maybe a glass of water as well?" Yes, please.

[​IMG]

As for the meal service, the gentleman behind me (also being adressed by name on every occasion) was served his meal. I was given the choice of not less than three choices, although I was reminded that usually there were only two. I can't remember the two first ones, but the two others were Chicken Tandoori and.... He couldn't remember, so he went into the galley, brought backe some paperwork, and started looking.... "uhm, chicken breast an risotto". I thought that sounded good, so I took that. I am assuming that thre latter was a left-over from an earlier flight. I thought it was a nice gesture to give me an extra choice :)

[​IMG]

It tasted quite good.

After the meal, I was offered another champagne which I accepted.

Later we approached LHR and were still about 20 minutes ahead, and landed early. The only downside to the flight was our parking position at T5C, which meant a train ride to the main terminal.

I disembarked with a smile and a "Thank you" to the purser and left as a happy customer :)

OY-JFS and uggboy like this.
  5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    A great experience. Thanks for sharing on MP!:)

6. Skye1
    Original Member

Skye1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Goes to show that a great crew can make a flight great. A couple of hours of a great crew like that beats long-haul with a bad one anyday.