BA005 London to Tokyo in Club World trip report

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by sendaiben, Mar 13, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    First time posting in the BA forum, so please be gentle ;)

I booked a trip on BA recently using JAL miles (couldn't find space on JAL). This is a report on the return flight (BA005 LHR to NRT on March 12th, 2015). The outbound flight was pretty similar.

Flew out of Heathrow T5. Checking in was smooth (no wait) and the Fast Track security was very quick.

Lounge: Lounge was fine. Moderately crowded, but I found a nice seat by the window. Lots of people talking loudly on phones/computers. Was surprised to find no hot food (it was around 10am). The toilet design is terrible, and I didn't see shower rooms. Overall, a pleasant space to sit with decent drinks but lacking in food and facilities.

upload_2015-3-13_15-1-18.png

British Airways has a strange impression of its Business Class passengers...

Flight: I was in seat 16A, at the back of the Club World cabin. Row 16 has more space and better access to the aisles, but is near the toilets which results in light/noise throughout the flight. The seats are 8 across!!! but were fine for sitting/sleeping.

upload_2015-3-13_15-1-35.png

Surprisingly okay seat.

There is very little storage, and nowhere to put a drink/bottle. Entertainment was very good -lots of films I wanted to watch.

upload_2015-3-13_15-2-1.png

Food was decent, and I found the service much better than I was expecting (but still not quite up with the best Asian airlines).

upload_2015-3-13_15-2-32.png

upload_2015-3-13_15-2-48.png

Overall: this was a fairly pleasant travel experience, but I wouldn't choose it over JAL or ANA if I had both options :D

upload_2015-3-13_15-3-3.png

Attached Files:

epgiles, JALPak, uggboy and 1 other person like this.
  2. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the report!

The location of the showers depends on which of the lounges you're in. Assuming that you were in one of the Galleries Club lounges:-
    • In the T5A (main building) south complex, the showers are adjacent to the Elemis Spa on level 3 (the same level as the Concorde Room and the Galleries First lounge, and one level down from the Club lounge). Although they're on this level, they're intended for all lounge users.
    • In the T5A north lounge (which is on the same level as security), enter the lounge, turn left and the showers are towards the far end of the lounge on the left.
    • In the T5B lounge, enter the lounge and turn right towards the Elemis Spa; the showers are adjacent to that.
    Lounge staff will always be able to direct you to them.

uggboy and sendaiben like this.
  3. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ah, that explains things! I wasn't desperate for a shower, otherwise I would have asked, but thanks for the info. I was in the south lounge. I'll try the showers out next time :D

uggboy likes this.
  4. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    But the passenger at 16B thinks otherwise :rolleyes:

sendaiben and uggboy like this.
  5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    :D:):D