BA vs VS promo, advise plz.

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by ysb41, Feb 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ysb41
    Original Member

ysb41 Silver Member

Status Points:
    have about 100K Amex MR, and have now discovered that I can transfer them into either 140K BA, or 140K VS miles.

I have the BA 241 voucher, so with the 140K BA miles, could nearly have 2 CW seats from LHR - PEK (160K), but on this particular route, 140K VS miles is enough for 2 Biz tickets on Air China......I like the BA CW flat bed, have not travelled on Air China before, which one will you take??

thx!

2. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, my view might depend on how many BA/VS miles I had to start with and which of the programmes I regarded as being my main one.

For example, I have a VS account with something like 60,000 in it. I've decided to use some of my MR points to transfer 5k to get the 5k bonus. I will top the account up to 90,000 with points from BAA Worldpoints when I reach the point that I want to redeem on VS. That will probably see the end of my relationship with VS as I hardly fly with them at all now.

BA, will get the bulk of the transfer because this is my active account and the miles will definitely get used at some point.

Globaliser and ysb41 like this.
  3. oscietra
    Original Member

oscietra Silver Member

Status Points:
    Which MR promo is the 5k bonus? Any more info...?

4. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    From the brochure the CHOSEN® were sent:

Shuttle-Bored likes this.
  5. Swanhunter
    Original Member

Swanhunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    BA for PEK. CA aren't a bad airline (their reputation is worse than reality) but BA is a better option with often very good Club availability to Beijing.

6. ysb41
    Original Member

ysb41 Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks for all replies, after taking advantage of the VS 125% bonus for the first 5k transfer, i will stick with BA.

7. ysb41
    Original Member

ysb41 Silver Member

Status Points:
    it comes with the BA 40% promotion, it has not been discussed as widely as the BA one, but if you are collecting VS, you should take the 100% bonus for the first 5k transfer.