BA unveils new short-haul cabin interior

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by uggboy, Jun 16, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
  2. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    30 inch pitch in J :eek::eek::eek:

Flyer1976, MX and uggboy like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guess, there will be no differences anymore between Club Europe and Economy, their seat pitch will be 30 inch indeed. This had been a rumour for a longer time now and it seems like that's the new reality facing Club Europe customers in the future, but the empty middle seat remains in Club Europe.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, you're right of course it's all about Club Europe. Cheers. :)

5. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks - my earlier post now deleted.

uggboy likes this.
  6. DOS

DOS New Member

Status Points:
    The new B/E Pinnacle seats are virtually the same as those fitted to recent A320 deliveries and IMHO are up with the best of the new generation seats.

There is a lot more legroom and the slimline seat design also means more table space; It will be interesting to see how the 30" really feels in CE and whether it is comfortable to use a laptop on the table.

If so, I think customers will accept the configuration, as 30" is only a number (albeit with downside emotions) and the 'feel' of the seat will be what counts. Personally, I was more offended by the removal of the wardrobe on Lufthansa and having to put an expensive jacket in the bin.

Having flown on a selection of think seats recently, I am coming around to liking them (with the exception of the Lufthansa NEK by Recaro, which I find uncomfortable), because they give decent space and are more comfortable than some old/1990s models and am hoping that BA's configuration will be okay, too.

The old converter seats were good in their day, but it is time to move on, in my opinion.

I believe that ET pax will like the new seats rather more than the old ones and virtually anyone in either class will find them better than the ex bmi seats.