BA seat selection

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by trippin_the_rift, Feb 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. trippin_the_rift
    Original Member

trippin_the_rift Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thought someone might be able to throw some light on this.... At T-24 from my first BA flight, all my seat selections (SYD-LHR-BCN & vv) went blank, I couldn't re-select any seats and the check in agent couldn't see any seat requests either.

I'm a little worried as my return in a few days has no seats selected, BA.com won't let me select any (says available on check-in), and expertflyer is showing almost every seat taken, apart from a few really bad forward facing on the lower deck...

Would my original seats be in the system still...is this normal for BA?

I'm oneworld emerald so seat selection in Club is no problem I understand.

2. G-BOAC
    Original Member

G-BOAC Silver Member

Status Points:
    This sounds most odd. All I can think of is that the system has somehow 'lost' your Emerald status - it thinks you're no longer eligible for seat selection and so has removed them automatically. Call BA and ask them to delete and then re-add your FF number, then see if that unlocks seating assignment rights for you?

3. trippin_the_rift
    Original Member

Status Points:
    What's strange is the first flights of that intinery have posted successfully to my Qantas FF account, so my number is definitely in the booking correctly. Also before ~24hours before the first flight, it let me select seats without issue.

It's almost as if at T-24 it froze my seat selections and won't tell me what they are now.

4. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm not quite clear which bit of the BA website you're using to try to change seats.

I think that if online check-in is open, you can no longer change your seat via Manage My Booking. You have to do that through OLCI.

For the return part of the itinerary, if your OWE status is properly recorded but you can't select or change your seat via Manage My Booking, and the seat map looks like it's very full, that may be exactly why you can't do it - it's been locked out because there have been so many pre-allocations. In that case, (although this is far from certain) it may herald good things. ;) But OLCI will be important.

David likes this.
  5. Alan in CBR
    Original Member

Alan in CBR Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just curious which forward facing seats in Club you think are bad. To my mind the only bad seats are the E and F seats (assuming you are travelling on your own).

6. trippin_the_rift
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yeah E/F on lower deck wouldn't be fun if you were travelling alone... unless the other pax was blessed with high cheek bones and had a few too much bubbly.

I'm not a fan of the aisle seats in general on BA Club World, they don't feel very private at all.

spaced2 likes this.
  7. Alan in CBR
    Original Member

Alan in CBR Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ah, OK. That makes sense. They don't bother me, but we all have our preferences.

My first op-up from WT+ to Club was into a rear-facing middle seat. Didn't think I was in a position to complain though. [​IMG]

8. LAXtraveler
    Original Member

LAXtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    (Sorry if you read this on the "other" site, but I figured might as well get as many opinions).Sitting in F on an upcoming trip (744). Currently me and Mrs. in 2AK, but 3A just opened. Should I move us to be 2/3A instead of 2AK?

9. HNL
    Original Member

HNL Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nope. Keep 2A/K

10. spaced2
    Original Member

spaced2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Any chance someone with expertflyer access can take a gander and see what CW seating looks like on BA 114 this Friday (11 Mar)? No seats selected and i'd like to know what my chances of getting on the upper deck is like.

Thanks!!

11. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    Expertflyer shows all seats on UD are taken. All middle seats on the LD are free, as well as 18A and 19K.

Globaliser likes this.
  12. milestoburn
    Original Member

milestoburn Gold Member

Status Points:
    i am always amazed at how much grief customers face with this silly policy and yet BA does nothing about the same.

13. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    Perhaps because BA reckons that the policy pleases more of its regular customers than it annoys irregular customers. Paid for pre-allocation is available for those without status.

14. milestoburn
    Original Member

milestoburn Gold Member

Status Points:
    i suspect a person who does a one off flying CW down under contributes way more to BA's bottom line than some of the Eurocheats at Sliver.

15. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    And you're entitled to your view. BA clearly takes a different view: and it has access to the data.

Globaliser likes this.
  16. ukgooner
    Original Member

ukgooner Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you buy fully flex or you have status you get free seat reservation. Why should those booking earliest and pay the lowest fare get best seats?

Sorry know its been said before - but such is the nature of this thread....

17. dc3
    Original Member

dc3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Tried to check in 24 hours in advance today for a Business Class BA flight to London. System would not let me. Called BA. Was told the flight was full. "Go to the airport early tomorrow to get a seat." Typical BA attitude. Asked for a supervisor and got disconnected. I suppose I should have paid them $90 a few months back to get a seat assignment..

18. CO FF

CO FF Active Member

Status Points:
    Why? Is the difference from any one CW seat to another CW seat REALLY worth US$90?