BA mileage improvements

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by RedTape, Feb 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. RedTape
    Original Member

RedTape Silver Member

Status Points:
    Either I missed something or this was done quietly. Used to be that BA mileage for discounted tickets really blew, but looking at the airline partner list, I read the change....

Mileage Earned: For flights taken on or after January 1, 2011*: Earn actual miles flown or 500 minimum miles in World Traveller classes of service, Y, B, H, W, T, J, C, D, I, F, A, K, L, M, N, O, V, G, Q, S; earn 10% Bonus Miles for purchased World Traveller Plus classes of service W, E, or T; earn 25% Bonus Miles for purchased Club Europe/Club World classes of service J, C, D, I, R; earn 50% Bonus Miles for purchased FIRST classes of service F or A.

Granted they aren't EQMS, but 4800 miles is much nicer to earn on SEA-LHR than 1200.

2. GUWonder
    Original Member

GUWonder Silver Member

Status Points:
    BA's agreement to grant 100% mileage credit even on discount fare BA flights credited to AA customers seems to have opened the way for the same to be done for AS customers flying BA flights.

For AA customers, the trade-off in part was getting hit by fuel surcharges when using AA miles for BA flights. For AS customers, fuel surcharges on AS award tickets for BA flights was already in place before the return to full miles on discount economy fare BA flights.

3. beckoa
    Original Member

beckoa Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow... that is a nice catch [​IMG]

Now if we had an intraisland partner for Hawaii... aka QX [​IMG]

4. jackal
    Original Member

jackal Gold Member

Status Points:
    Intraisland? As in KOA-ITO? :p

5. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Any chance of BA becoming a partner where we can earn EQMs?

Would be nice if we are not limited to one company for EQMs in Europe...

6. RedTape
    Original Member

RedTape Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is nice! We're currently limited to THREE for EQMs to Europe. DL, AA and AF.... but perhaps you meant one nonstop for EQMs to Europe

jackal likes this.