BA-marketed, AA-operated flight - can I credit to Alaska?

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by andy12, Apr 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. andy12

andy12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am booked (on BA stock) on BA1587, which is operated by AA (AA0138). Looking at the AS website, the BA flight number is not eligible for earning miles. Simple enough.

However, the same flight, is eligible for accrual on Alaska based on the AA flight number. Under the accrual chart, however, it says, "To ensure flight credit, the two letter airline code (AA) must precede the flight number (for example, AA XXXX) on your ticket receipt or boarding pass."

Since I'm ticketed on the BA flight number, does this mean Alaska will not allow me to accrue for this flight (since my boarding pass would presumably have the BA code - I haven't done a codeshare in awhile and can't remember what normally shows up); or would they look at the underlying operating flight (AA) and allow accrual?

2. KVS Tool

KVS Tool Z Representative

Status Points:
    According the rules of the programme, BA-marketed flights 1504-1999 cannot be credited to AS MP.

However, there is a possibility that it may post (in-error).

3. andy12

andy12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the quick reply. The confusion is that for the AA page it states:

"To qualify for mileage accrual, flights must fall within the eligible flight number range."

It does not mention that for AA flights, that it must be marketed by AA. Therefore, would be BA-marketed (but ineligible), AA-operated flight be allowed, since the AS website doesn't specifically mention that it has to be marketed by AA?

4. KVS Tool

Status Points:
    Actually, it does, as you have previously mentioned in the OP:

andy12 likes this.
  5. andy12

andy12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got it. Thanks. Part of my reasoning was that I wasn't sure which flight number would show up on my boarding pass, the BA# or AA# (as noted, I haven't flown a code share in a long time - normally try to avoid them).

6. KVS Tool

Status Points:
    The BP may actually show AA #, BA # or even both, depending on who issues your BP and the DCS system used at a particular airport.

However, this will not change the fact that you have a ticket for a BA [-marketed] flight.