BA locked out from assigning seats

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by sant, Feb 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. On AA's website, I purchased my tickets from DFW to Europe via LHR a few months ago entirely on BA metal. The international segments are AA codeshared and the intra-Europe are BA numbers. As I am an OW Sapphire, I was able to select my seats on BA's website.

A few weeks later, a minor change in the reservation required AA to re-ticket me. Although AA's website shows all of my assigned seats, the BA website only shows the international segments as assigned. The intra-Europe flights are unassigned.

When I called BA help desk, I was told me that only AA can assign the seats on the intra-Europe flights. Oddly enough, when I view the seat map on BA's site, I notice the seats assigned to me on AA's site are blocked.

Has anyone had a similar experience booking a flight with a OW partner? When you checked in, did you get the seat assignments shown on the OW partner site?

Thanks in advance.
  2. With the help of the AA international desk, I discovered the issue. For my one AA reservation, I ended up with two separate BA reservations. The original BA reservation lists only BA flight numbers. When the ticket was reissued, it created a new BA reservation which lists both AA and BA flight numbers.