BA Gold Card

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by guiloesch, Dec 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. guiloesch

guiloesch Active Member

Status Points:
    I've recently got a BA Gold Card and didn't had the time to enjoy the benefits yet, as I`m also a Star Alliance Gold member I would like to know if anybody has a way to compare the BA services for gold cards compared to the star alliance services (right now I'm flying mostly Swiss).

stimpy likes this.
  2. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    Comparisons will depend on what your flying patterns are going to be.

For example, BA Gold is nice if you do a lot of long-haul to/from LHR in W or Y: Galleries First lounges, spa treatments on departure, Arrivals Lounge access on arrival, exit row allocations at time of booking.

stimpy likes this.
  3. stimpy
    Original Member

stimpy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have both BA Gold and Star Gold too (and ST Elite+). To me the BA Gold is worth a lot, not only for lounges. But I have the feeling that BA treats their Golds better than the average airline treats their top elites. At the airport, or on the phone, I get great service as a BA Gold member.

4. FlyIce

FlyIce Silver Member

Status Points:
    On BA long haul, for ExecClub Gold there are also high chances of being upgraded, much higher than in other companies (even if in LX Y->C is not too rare).