BA First Class or 9W First Class

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by manfromkrypton, Aug 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. manfromkrypton
    Original Member

manfromkrypton Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have the opportunity to fly AUH-LHR-ORD on BA First, or DXB-BOM-BRU-EWR-ORD in 9W first class (EWR-ORD on AA)

What would you guys do? The 9w flight is 3 days after the BA flight so any savings on the fuel surcharge is null as I will spend the same amount on hotel rooms for the 3 nights.

2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would take BA for a number of reasons. The schedule is much more pleasant (one stop), it doesn't involve AA metal, and whilst I've not flown 9W, I fly BA F quite regularly and find the offering to be quite consistent.

3. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You might want to check is 9W actually First Class. They're replaced a lot of the B77Ws with A332s with only business and coach. The 77Ws were mostly leased out to Thai.

Even if F is still possible, I'd go with BA. BOM isn't exactly an airport I'd want to spend several hours in. Also, you don't have to do a domestic connection at EWR after arriving international.

4. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    BA, but then I'm almost a BA apologist, which is a weird thing to be as a primarily Star Alliance flyer. But there you have it.

philatravelgirl likes this.
  5. A2A

A2A Silver Member

Status Points:
    DXB-BOM on 9W will be on a regional business class product I guess (737) BOM-BRU is on a B77W with the first class, which is a suite. Thai First class is offered on planes leased from Jet, and uses the same hard product. .. BRU-EWR will be in 9W Business Class (Premiere) which is Herringbone style and like AA first class on Long Haul, EWR-ORD will be on ORD. If you are adventurous enough, try out the 9W first. it is a good experience.

Hope this helps

6. tornadoflyer

tornadoflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Fly BA!.......I am probably biased though!
    You will get to spend time in the fab lounge at T5 if the timings
    aren`t too aggresive....the AUH flight gets in nice and early so time
    for a nice breakfast/freshen up before heading to Chicago..........