BA Executive Club launches Bronze tier

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by uggboy, Oct 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    BA Executive Club launches Bronze tier:)

BA’s Executive Club has launched a new Bronze tier level, sitting between its existing Blue and Silver tiers. Members will qualify after earning 300 tier points or taking 25 flights, half the requirements for Silver membership.

Benefits include business class check-in, seat selection from seven days before departure, a 25 per cent tier bonus, a dedicated telephone number in the UK and US, and bronze tier luggage tags.

Note that BA has also changed earning requirements, meaning that members will no longer see their tier points reset once they reach the next tier level. So a member earning 300 tier points and reaching the new Bronze level will then only need to earn a further 300 points to reach silver level at 600 points.

MORE!>http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/ba-executive-club-launches-bronze-tier

rwoman, Toula, flamingo and 2 others like this.
  2. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    Looks like there are some significant changes to the tier points earnings:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/executive-club-changes/public/en_no

Your membership year

From 16 November, we will not reset your Tier Points when you reach a new tier. Instead you will keep them until the end of your 12 month membership period, helping you move through the tiers more quickly.
    On reaching Bronze, Silver or Gold you will keep that tier status for the remainder of your membership year and retain this status for all of the following year.

[​IMG]

More Tier Point changes

We will be increasing the number of Tier Points you can earn on longhaul flights, giving you the opportunity to earn more when you fly.
    As well as introducing our Bronze tier, and changes to how Tier Points are earned, in March 2012 we are aligning our tier thresholds around the world. All members will need to earn the same number of Tier Points to reach each level:
    • Bronze - 300 Tier Points, including 2 eligible flights or 25 eligible flights
    • Silver - 600 Tier Points, including 4 eligible flights or 50 eligible flights
    • Gold - 1,500 Tier Points, including 4 eligible flights

Toula, uggboy and Kalboz like this.
  3. drdubs
    Original Member

drdubs Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do we think that this is being done to soften the blow of a devaluation of the award chart?

uggboy likes this.
  4. David
    Original Member

David Silver Member

Status Points:
    To answer your question as asked: No I don't think Bronze or tier threshold level changes have ANYTHING to do with any award changes.

uggboy likes this.
  5. Euan
    Original Member

Euan Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree with David, I don't think that Bronze level has anything to do with redemption levels.

As we know, the new levels have been announced ex-UK but what many (North American based members) are waiting for is the new one partner mileage redemption levels, in particular NA-Asia and NA-South America.

uggboy likes this.
  6. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hmm I wonder if they are going to change how you earn tier points next. That Bronze seems achievable for anyone with a reasonable amount of flying.

uggboy likes this.
  7. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    No, you will still have to earn them by flying on BA or oneworld partners.

uggboy likes this.
  8. drdubs
    Original Member

drdubs Silver Member

Status Points:
    What's the incentive for BA to introduce the new tier? I recognise it won't cost them very much, except for the cost of awarding additional bonus miles, so I suppose it's an easy way to encourage relatively low level flyers to hit a moderate level.

uggboy likes this.
  9. Euan
    Original Member

Euan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, by introducing a lower level you are encourage those leisure travellers who may fly a few times a year to fly with BA by offering small benefits albeit significant ones to those travellers - seat selection a week in advance and business class check in.

It may also be a move to bring the EC inline with OW and offer a Ruby status.

uggboy likes this.
  10. ord_a380

ord_a380 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd love to see the bronze colored bag tags.... got to love how they will be changing the priority tags now

uggboy likes this.
  11. Euan
    Original Member

Euan Silver Member

Status Points:
    I understand they are also redesigning all the EC membership cards.

12. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    Correct.