BA executive club Gold or IB plus Gold ?

Discussion in 'oneworld' started by Alexfly, Nov 22, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Alexfly

Alexfly Member

Status Points:
    Im IB plus gold today and will flight with BA MAD-LHR-HKG twice in 3 months on Business so will get as well BA Exec. gold status, but worth to have it on BA or better to accrual on another OW company ' I realize that OW status did not work as well as SA gold status, with SA you have almost the same benefits but on OW each metal have their rules and silver got nothing and Gold only if is of the own brand, for example as IB plus Gold OW Sapphire, and reduced business class on BA you cant chose a seat after paid 2.000€ and be Sapphire to chose ANY seat nothing special you need to pay another 75€ so150€ return !!!! is not crazy !! On Star Alliance this does not happen. Even BA & IB are the same business IAG the only good thing is that you can transfer avios fro BA to IB vice-versa but they di not respect even the status for a simple thing like to chose a seat

2. kcaluwae

kcaluwae Active Member

Status Points:
    Actually you should be able to select a seat on BA if your OW Saphire. (for free) I could do so.
    Regarding which FF program to choose. Your chances of upgrades will increase if you have status in the program of the carrier you're flying so I would opt for the program of the carrier you think you will most often be flying.

3. Alexfly

Alexfly Member

Status Points:
    This is what I got when i ask about OW Sapphire can bbok a seat in advance for free....
    settings, as it WILL NOT be received. If you wish to send us a reply please use the link at the bottom of the email**

[​IMG]

Dear Mr Perez

As a member of any oneworld airline, you are able to use Avios for flights with any oneworld airline. You can also earn Avios, whichever airline you use.
    However, each airline still retains its own corporate identity. The main advantage of alliances is the greater choice of routes the passengers can choose from.

Although BA and IB both fall under IAG as holding company, we operate as two separate airlines and each airline may choose to reward their frequent flyers as they wish. I am sure Iberia would also differentiate between their own Iberia Plus members and those of partner airlines. If both airlines were to choose to introduce one frequent flyer programme for both it might change things, but as it is we have two separate programs.

Choosing your seat 24 hours in advance does not involve any fee.

I am sorry I cannot help you any further.

Best regards

Sigrid Santos
    British Airways Customer Relations
    Your case reference is:11605

And when I ask again for IB plus Gold same as OW Sapphire status I git this again...

settings, as it WILL NOT be received. If you wish to send us a reply please use the link at the bottom of the email**

[​IMG]

Dear Mr Perez

It is indeed only Executive Club Gold members, not other airlines. For more details please see the relevent section on www.ba.com.

Best regards

Sigrid Santos
    British Airways Customer Relations
    Your case reference is:11605

4. kcaluwae

kcaluwae Active Member

Status Points:
    I checked their website and indeed it now states that it is only for executive club members with gold status.
    It used to be different and you can still find this information on IB's website : http://www.iberia.com/web/jbaConten...e=en&category=travelInformation&menuId=PRSEAT
    Iberia is also still offering this free for OW emerald and saphire.

Too bad, one would hope that they would strive to synergies in the alliance and not the opposite. :-(

5. kcaluwae

kcaluwae Active Member

Status Points:
    Alexfly, is your IB FF number in your reservation? I get responses on Flyertalk of other OW sapphire members that still can manage their seats.... Strange....

6. serfty
    Original Member

serfty Silver Member

Status Points:
    See here:

British Airways' Speedbird Club: Seating Policy