BA Domestic Availability issues for Aug?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by Charlie6, Jul 9, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Charlie6

Charlie6 Active Member

Status Points:
    I am trying to book a domestic short haul flight on BA out of AUS in last week of July or first two weeks of August to basically ANYWHERE interesting or scenic in the US and turning up absolutely nothing on BA. Mainly interested in AUS-MIA but have checked essentially every major US airport on the east or west coasts and in mountain states. Have broadened the search to check flying from IAH and DFW and still can't find much as far out as November in any class. Is this a BA issue, a devaluation of sorts (in the form of no seats available,) or am I doing something wrong? The only routes I have found with seats are domestic to LHR. Trying to book flights for 6 but have searched for 1 still finding very little. I have found a few flights with 6 seats on UA and AA but horrible itineraries like AUS-ORD-MIA arriving 12am (and flying with four kids that won't 'fly') and it doesn't add up to use that many miles/points for a domestic vacay, would really like to book at the BA award chart level. Any help or advice appreciated. Best,
    Charlie

satman40 likes this.
  2. friendlyplanet

friendlyplanet Silver Member

Status Points:
    Think there is a bug currently in the BA system, so you need to call for AA redemptions- it's been that way for the last 2-3 weeks.

3. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Search on AA.com for saver availability and call BA for redemptions on AA as @friendlyplanet stated.

satman40, Charlie6 and iolaire like this.
  4. Charlie6

Charlie6 Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I ended up calling BA Singapore and they were pretty helpful.

Mikus33 and satman40 like this.