BA: Dilbertian recidivism?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by redtailshark, Nov 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    For many years BA were the undisputed champions of Dilbertism in the airline world. Their notorious hypocrisy, condescension and poor service were the bane of the business flyer. Their bag of tricks included service-destruction aces even beyond the nous of even Jeff Robertson at DL SM...like downgrading pax on confirmed itins to standby when BA's own connections at LHR were late because of mx/tech issues i.e. their responsibility, and then telling pax to go fish when they could not make the overloaded flights to final destination. Waiting all day, on low-priority standby, then all night with no service recovery for the forced overnight at LHR. Which without question is one of the most expensive forced overnights in the world. Etc. BA were the Champions of Suck.

These matters were raised repeatedly by customers but the Nigels and Nigellas at Waterworld persisted in snooty and Dilbertian denial of fact, insulated by the infinite buffering of buffoonish middle-management whose questionable role was to host interminable "Customer First" seminars at Waterworld...in the complete absence of any contact with pax/customers themselves. A highly Dilbertian organizational culture evolved. The nadir was reached in 2008 or so when it appeared that the Gaullists would take over and remand all BA memorabilia and cultural artifacts into the AFKL Musee d'Orsay Sous le Seine.

However, since then somehow someone has managed to enact a certain degree of corporate re-navigation. A certain amount of perestroika and glasnost has been seen. Of late, BA has handled ticket reissues and other operational glitches quite well, the service has been good, T&C have been observed. Even EC has improved in some ways, I mean they still gouge members savagely for YQ on redemptions, but at least we can earn some miles. Intra-EU the service is definitely competitive.

I do not mean to claim that BA leads the pack. You will know that this would be an absurd position for the notorious shark to take. I mean that they deliver competent and sometimes professional service, as advertised, with less of the awful snide condescension.

The question is, do others see this improvement? Or are BA as Dilbertian as ever?

2. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes. I said:

"Dilbertian"

Mwahahaha!

WormHole likes this.