BA companion voucher - Chase VISA

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by overtherainbow, May 8, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. overtherainbow

overtherainbow New Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I have used 2 of these every year since they came out. We have always got FC. This year there are less seats. does anyone know can I book one way out 330 days and then book the return flight when it comes available a few weeks later? and is there a trick to getting connecting flights, most of the time its FC from SEA to LHR, but then coach to final destination.

Also, is there any better deal out there, this seems like a great way to get two FC seats (except for the fuel charge), we are almost exclusively using the Chase VISA because of this.

traveltoomuch likes this.
  2. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can only book the Companion Pass for RT tickets. Obviously, same amount of miles for2 one-way tickets versus two RT with the pass. I'm from NYC so I have lots of flights to choose from. You're absolutely right - a few years ago, it was easy to rationalize the fees as at least there was great availability.

Are Business Class available? My strategy is always to take what I can get and be willing to pay the $75/tkt to get what I really wants. Those connecting tickets will likely become available as you get a bit closer. Again, take what you can get and be flexible.

My attitude is that for less than two Coach tkts, we get to fly First on BA. Next flight is Tuesday! Good luck.

3. philatravelgirl

philatravelgirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I booked my flights out of JFK and into PHL two months out for club world. BA have two flights out of PHL (one with first class) and later in June we get a new Dreamliner on one of the flights.
    maybe look at alternative airports you can reposition in my opinion as you can't use the pass booking two separate reservations that I'm aware of