BA Chase Visa 10% off - invalid for open jaws?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by Maximizer, Jul 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Maximizer

Maximizer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am trying to book an open jaw SFO-LHR-LAX using the BA Visa discount CARDOFFERU and it doesn't take: "CARDOFFERU may not be applied to journeys containing this number of flights".

The T&C doesn't seem to prohibit open jaws, only has this cryptic message: "Roundtrip open jaw bookings are eligible for only one discount" - whatever that means.

Does anyone have experience with such bookings?

2. Maximizer

Maximizer Silver Member

Status Points:
    been on the phone with BA for an hour, they seem clueless so far, and their rate dept is not responding ;)

3. Maximizer

Maximizer Silver Member

Status Points:
    After over an hour on the phone I received supervisor approval for 10% refund. It was actually handled pretty well, I wasn't given much of a runaround, was simply on hold for a long time. Which isn't so bad in the scheme of things.

It looks like there are other reports that the BA.com website doesn't deal well with open jaws in general. Buyer beware.

4. Euan
    Original Member

Euan Silver Member

Status Points:
    The multi-city booking feature when I've used it has worked ok. I've not tried it with a special offer and you can't make open jaw award bookings online.