BA/Chase Companion Certificate

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by FlyingFree, Apr 16, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. FlyingFree
    Original Member

FlyingFree Gold Member

Status Points:
    I will soon be attempting to use a Chase British Airways Companion certificate to take me and my wife from the US to LHR, and then to an Asian destination like BKK, SIN, NRT, or HGK (SYD would be great but probably impossible). I have enough BA miles to take us Club World or First.But as I look ahead there are rarely two round-trip BA award tickets available to virtually any desirabledestination. I suppose I could resign myself to just using the companion certificate to get us to London or another European destination, and getting to Asia through some other means, butI’d prefer to maximize my investment in the BA miles and companion certificate. As you know, all travel must be on BA and not OneWorld partners. Any ideas to find BA premium class to Asia from LHR from someone who has successfully used a companion certificate? Thanks...

2. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    Book early (ie start looking at 355 days out). Be flexible.

3. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    Target BKK. That is the route where you are most likely to find redemption availability.

Globaliser and FlyingFree like this.
  4. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe I've read (from our friendly bloggers) that BA may open one seat at a time and once one is booked then opens another. Can I book my trip then add a companion later if space opens?

5. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's not my experience. Revenue Management is dynamic rather than incremental. You have to wait for two seats. The booking has to be on the same PNR. You could book one seat in the hope that a second would arrive, but then you would have to cancel the first and hope that the seat dropped back into the redemption bucket.

Globaliser likes this.