BA Booking Question

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by burdender, Sep 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. I'm looking to book a flight using my BA miles before the changes occur on 11/16 but am having problems finding the best way to go about this. My home airport is BDL but I know I will have to fly out of JFK which is fine. I'm looking to do a South American trip with 2-3 stops. Any advise on possible routes and how to book would be much appreciated. As you know the BA website is very difficult to find rewards. I have about 75k miles.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  2. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. JohnDeere19 likes this.
  4. dkelly1110
    Original Member

dkelly1110 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Consider that Chile and Argentina have reciprocity fees when entering so if you decided to do SCL and EZE than you have to pay $140 x 2/pp. There are ways around this, by driving across borders or flying into non-international hub airports (Mendoza, say). Also keep in mind if you wanted to do Machu Pichu, most people say you may need a couple days to get acclimated to the altitude. And the flights from LIM to Cuzco aren't particularly cheap and are notoriously difficult to get an award on.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  5. rgm18

rgm18 Active Member

Status Points:
    they arent difficult to get an award on if you use lan points, i believe...

JohnDeere19 likes this.