BA Booking Engine Finally Working

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by Toula, Jul 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not sure what has happened, but after months of frustration with the BA booking engine continually being out t0 lunch, it seems whatever the issue was, it has been solved. I've been flogging the poor thing all day and I've not had it crack the sads once.

I've managed to get it to spit out 3 juicy bookings today that have made me a very happy camper. So anyone looking for OneWorld availablity you might want to check out BA. I was looking for an AA flight which AA site told me was not available but BA managed to issue me a tix.

2. penumpang
    Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

Status Points:
    I tried to use the award search engine to look for BA and partner airlines flights today, I still got the error message I saw weeks ago.

"Unfortunately our systems are not responding, so we are unable to process your request at the moment. We apologise for this inconvenience and suggest you try again later."

Is the booking engine taking a break again?

3. theskyflyer
    Original Member

theskyflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not really OT, but has anyone been able to find a single J seat for JFK-HKG-DPS R/T using CX in Sep/Oct? I can't seem to get one.

4. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    Haven't tried that particular search but in my previous hunts looking for SFO-HKG I have found it easier to get F than it is to get J. I have also found that seats tend to come available closer to departure date. Last time we went SFO-HKG-SGN. I booked the SFO-HKG online then called BA and got them to add the SGN leg which was not showing up online as being available.

5. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just tried JFK - HKG in J and it is show availablity for 1, 3, 6 Sept via Toronto. So I would say based on that your problem is putting DPS on the end. You may be best served by calling or doing a more focussed search to get the JFK to HKG leg sorted first.

6. theskyflyer
    Original Member

theskyflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    HKG-DPS actually shows plenty of availability, but I couldn't get any of the nonstop or the JFK-YVR-HKG.