BA Booking 355 Days in Advance?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by FlyingFree, Jul 20, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. FlyingFree
    Original Member

FlyingFree Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm trying to book BA award travel for July 9, 2014. This should fall within the 355 day booking window, but the BA website is not allowing the booking because it claims it is beyond the 355 day booking window. I can't call BA to book because I'm using a Chase companion certificate. Anyone else trying to book this far ahead and having difficulty?

2. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can you get a price quote if you search for basic availability for one person? On ba.com, I'm getting offers of flights on 9 July 2014 doing a basic one-way search - so the difficulty must lie somewhere else.

FlyingFree likes this.
  3. FlyingFree
    Original Member

FlyingFree Gold Member

Status Points:
    I still get the error message " The web site can only accept bookings up to 355 days in advance. " But it does show me some non-BA flights with connections that I cannot use because of the companion certificate.

4. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is the route (and the UTC timing of flights) a possible reason? Do you get the same error for the day before?

5. FlyingFree
    Original Member

FlyingFree Gold Member

Status Points:
    Another strange thing the BA website is doing is essentially making me sign out and sign back in again for each individual flight search. More specifically, after I complete a search, it removes the option to search for First, Club World, and Premium Economy seats, and only displays Economy on the 'Class' drop-down menu. Since I'm trying to book F, I have to log out then log in again after very search...very frustrating!

6. FlyingFree
    Original Member

FlyingFree Gold Member

Status Points:

Outbounds are all fine...inbound (from PEG or PVG) show available space on 8 July 2014, but also displays a message about only being able to book 355 days in advance.

7. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have no trouble seeing availability from PEK to LHR (or HKG to LHR) on 9 July 2014, and I can get as far as a firm price quote. So I don't know at what stage the website is refusing the booking for you.

However, the clock has just ticked over into a new day here in London.

Are you sure you're not making the mistake of trying to book in a cabin in which there's no availability? ;)

8. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can now see availability for 10 July 2014 on both BA and non-BA flights.

FlyingFree likes this.
  9. Cody
    Original Member

Cody Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had the same problem trying to book a ticket 8 months out. Really irritating.

10. Cody
    Original Member

Cody Silver Member

Status Points:
    May be a browser issue. I got the error repeatedly in Chrome. It seems to work in IE.