BA bag drop takes just 24 seconds at London City Airport

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by sobore, Jan 2, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.traveldailynews.com/news/article/52671/ba-bag-drop-takes-just

London City Airport and British Airways are expanding self-bag-tagging facilities for passengers checking in via self-service kiosks, following a successful trial last year.

Passengers departing from LCY can use kiosks situated in the main concourse area to print their own baggage tags, affix them to their luggage and take it to a dedicated bag drop podium. The tag is then scanned and the weight of the bag checked – a process which the trial has shown to take an average of 24 seconds.

The service has been extended to two bag drop podiums, with a view to opening several more throughout 2013. The service is designed to save passengers time on their journey through the airport, which at LCY is one of the most efficient in the country.

Read More: http://www.traveldailynews.com/news/article/52671/ba-bag-drop-takes-just

PhotoJim and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    On one hand it saves time, but on the other hand, let's the passenger do the work. ;)

@ CPH with SAS, we have had also this experience with self tagging of our luggage and " drop ".

sobore likes this.
  3. PhotoJim

PhotoJim Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've only been through LCY once, connecting on a BA CityFlyer run ZRH-LCY-GLA. We had a 45-minute connection and needed to clear UK Customs (and we're Canadian so that's not instant) but we still got to the gate a few minutes before boarding. (It turns out our flight crew was the same on both flights, so there was no reasonable way we were not going to make the connection :) but I was still pleased with how fast we could clear both UK Customs and security and be at our gate.)

sobore likes this.
  4. AUSsie

AUSsie Silver Member

Status Points:
    We've had something similar on AA in AUS for a while now. On a number of occasions, I've been told by AA staff to use the kiosks rather than the first class check-in, because first class check in is significantly slower. I'm a fan.