BA/Amex Dailywish Deal 3/3: Business Class US to London $999+tax

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by Andyandy, Feb 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Andyandy
    Original Member

Andyandy Gold Member

Status Points:
    IMH likes this.
  2. IMH
    Original Member

IMH Silver Member

Status Points:
    Obviously the limited quantities mean this is a marketing activity as much as it is a genuine offer, but for those who are fast enough on the button I'd say a TATL return in CW for $1,300 is pretty spectacular. WT+ is also available at $550 + $288. That books into T, which I think means it ought to be MFUable.

3. Andyandy
    Original Member

Andyandy Gold Member

Status Points:
    IMH is right on the money with about the marketing aspect of this. That's the main source of my "not spectacular" qualification. It's limited to the first ten takers, so the chance of actually getting it isn't great. That and the fact that it has to be booked out of a BA serviced airport. That limits the value for folks who (like me) live out in the sticks, so to speak.

4. Tivoboy
    Original Member

Tivoboy Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I saw this one, there were a number of restrictions listed, anyone know how easy these types of tickets are to actually book? It said it was "I" class? I'd hate to have this be in anything like an AWARD bucket, where it is essentially impossible to get space. Expires in August 31, 2011 I believe if I recall correctly.

5. gpaya
    Original Member

gpaya Gold Member

Status Points:
  6. jason8612
    Original Member

jason8612 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting, so one should also earn TPs...

Skyvillager likes this.
  7. IMH
    Original Member

IMH Silver Member

Status Points:
    "I" inventory isn't especially hard to find. I just checked a set of dates in April and May on a couple of TATL routes and there was good availability on most days. It gets more difficult close in and on the flights most popular with weekly commuters, and of course all the other factors that affect discount fare availability also apply here: school holidays, Easter, royal wedding etc.

Not really true, but let's not turn this into another of those threads. ;) The problem with this offer will be hitting the Daily Wish button at the right time, not finding "I" availability.

Yes.

8. spaced2
    Original Member

spaced2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    ended up going for the WT+ offer - not a bad price considering close-in nature of the trip, and managed to convince a couple friends to do a london run with me next weekend :)

didn't see the CW offer until it had sold out.