B6 now has 24 hour cancellation policy

Discussion in 'JetBlue | TrueBlue' started by bmg42000, Jan 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. bmg42000
    Original Member

bmg42000 Gold Member

Status Points:
    While booking a flight , I came accross this.

Non-refundable fares
    Cancellations made within 24 hours of original ticketing, for departure 7 or more days from original ticketing. N/A $0 cancel fee. Full refund and option to have all monies returned to original form of payment or Travel Bank.

rharrigill likes this.
  2. bmg42000
    Original Member

bmg42000 Gold Member

Status Points:
    They now have the polciy which I think complies with the new law. (It is not publicized as much as the 'including taxes in fees' change that was made).

rharrigill likes this.
  3. rharrigill
    Original Member

rharrigill Silver Member

Status Points:
    Correct, it is my understanding that this is a part of the new law.

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, this is part of the new law. I'm not sure whether it applies to tickets purchased or originating outside of the USA.

5. bmg42000
    Original Member

bmg42000 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I suspect it may vary by country .

6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Of course it varies by country. USA laws generally do not apply in other countries.

I was wondering specifically whether this new protection applies to B6 tickets that either were purchased abroad or that involve tickets that originate abroad, presumably in both cases involving some travel that does touch USA soil. For example, IIRC B6 now serves San Juan, Aruba, etc., with nonstop flights to/from USA. A foreign national and foreign resident could purchase a B6 ticket when not in the USA to use during a trip to the USA such that their is no international segment on the ticket, with the person traveling to/from the USA on another ticket or another carrier.

I'm asking since some legacy carriers have already had 24 hour cancel policies that exclude these cases.