B6 Metal Outbound, AA return

Discussion in 'JetBlue | TrueBlue' started by Tenmoc, Apr 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi all.
    I'm wondering how to earn B6 miles on my outbound and AA miles on my return.
    I just signed up for True Blue after I purchased this ticket as the B6 flight is just better for me in this case. I called to put my true blue number into the reservation and the CSR tells me I can only have one number in a reservation. I'm ok with one number per flight, but obviously I want to earn in different programs depending upon who's flight I'm on.

Also because of upgrades on the return I do not want to remove my AA number from the reservation.

Any ideas or directions?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is the B6 flight eligible for earning AA points? If so (and if you normally collect on AA, which it sounds like you do) I'd skip the TrueBlue points and take the AA points on the flight. Even if the AA earning rate isn't great, sitting on a couple hundred TrueBlue points is going to net you zilch.

3. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    No. The B6 flight is not one of the partner flights I can get AA miles on. If it were, I'd gladly just take more AA miles.

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    How far apart are the flights time-wise? And can you get the same price if you purchase two separate one-way trips? If they are a couple days apart I'd pull the FF# out of the reservation completely, get the B6 points at the airport and then call in to AA and add the AA number to the remaining segment when you land. So long as it is a couple days after the outbound you should have enough time for the upgrade to kick in.

Or just sacrifice the points on the B6 segment. They aren't going to be worth anything to you anyways since you quite likely won't collect enough in 12 months to have any redemption opportunity.

Tenmoc likes this.