Awful service travelnow.com/Hotel 304 West

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Catalin Ursu, Oct 31, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. The service you provided was awful. I did the reservation on 10-29-11, on your website got itinerary number even I spoke to one of your rep and he assured me everything is booked and I'm set. I drove in horrible conditions to the Hotel 304 West in Springfield to find a big line where everybody was waiting for you guys to send a fax confirmation to the receptionist. Where guests waiting for hours and try to use the lobby PC to get the tel nr for customer services or cell phones. Was a gamed played by travelnow.com and receptionist probably waiting for who gives the bigger tip. Fortunately I had the print out with my confirmation and intermarry but did not help. The receptionist wanted the fax. I called customer service and I was disconnected several times. Finally a customer rep picked up and I asked her to fax or to speak to the receptionist when I was waiting on the line. After few minutes she came back on the line telling me the astonished news - The Hotel eas biiked and the website info was not accurate when I did the reservation-.That was amazing, was 11:00 pm , bad weather and no place to go. The rep offered to reimburse the charge but was not the main issue. Where I will sleep? I was with my wive, we were cold... The hotel receptionist did not care.. He was waiting for $$$ ... The travelnow rep gave me an address of a different hotel 8 miles away. I asked her to call the hotel to find out for sure they have rooms.. And sure the overseas connection tel line was cut off.. Even so I decided to drive 8 miles hopping to get a room.. The ordeal continues... After 30 min of awful driving conditions I got to the hotel.. and.. The Hotel she said has room was in completed dark and closed..
    Was already midnight... Thanks to travelnow.com.. I spent the night in cold in my car.. Awful service, don't trust these people, Bad and untrusted services... Stay away

2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome aboard and all, but holy crap that sounds horrible...

I've had somewhat similar experiences with last minute (same day) bookings using hotels.com, but they usually receive the confirmation shortly after I arrive at the hotel.

Regardless, it doesn't excuse the kind of mess you had to go through. That's why it's always better not to use a booking service like this (or hotels.com or expedia) because you're basically dealing with a third party and when something goes wrong nobody wants to assume blame.

I would certainly reach out to the hotel themselves too though... speak with a manager and let them know that because of their antiquated setup they didn't receive the confirmation in time and you had to end up driving out in bad weather then sleeping in the car with your wife.

That's nothing short of ridiculous.