AwardWallet just tried to kill me!

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by LarryInNYC, May 18, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just received my AwardWallet weekly activity email. My Chase UR business account went from 77K to 0!

I logged on to my Chase account, and the miles were there. I logged on to AwardWallet and forced it to refresh the account, and it found the miles (including a few more from my last payment).

Presumably there was a glitch at either AwardWallet or Chase that caused the incorrect report.

Seriously, not sure I can take that kind of surprise.

2. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had a similar problem with hotel points and I presently have an account that shows a later expiration date than is the case.

mo26 likes this.
  3. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hahaha. I had the same thing happen to me today! For a couple of minutes I had terrible terrible thoughts in my head.

Interestingly enough, my mint.com account is also having issues with syncing with my chase accounts.

mo26 likes this.
  4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here's the same phenomenon shown rather graphically for the entries on Jan 06 and May 13. The glitch must be at AW because it has now happened with different programs (Chase, HHonors). and the chances that those programs would experience the same glitch are lower than its occurring twice at AW.

AW-GLITCH.png

5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Since I haven't an account with them, I guess, I don't receive such "surprise" e-mails. ;)

6. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    This could have been another Hilton devaluation. ;)

merice107 likes this.
  7. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    About every second email my Hilton honors balance does this. Been like that for a year or so now.

8. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Me, too. And I always worry, because Hilton is a secondary program for us, that I've somehow missed an expiration date and the points are truly gone!

thesterlingtraveler likes this.
  9. thesterlingtraveler

thesterlingtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Happens to me as well sometimes. I look at it fairly often so I know it is usually just a retrieval issue.

servo likes this.