Award ticketing

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by sfo1, Mar 1, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am single and only worry about awards for myself. I have a friend who has enough award miles for a ticket, his wife has her account with enough award miles for a ticket. I usually do the booking for them as they are not very familiar with how to do it. But, I am stumped, when I try and book a reward ticket for both of them it seems I cannot do it on the same PNR unless miles are moved from one account to the other, according to UA only a certain amount of miles can be moved and the cost is quite high. So my question is, is there a work around for this problem or do I need to book award tickets for each of them using the miles from each of their accounts, this of course creates a separate PNR for each of them, guess the only other thing that can be done is after the award tickets are issued I could have the two PNR's cross referenced.

2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Book a one-way ticket for two pax using miles from each account. They just wouldn't be able to have a stopover then.

skyvan and Dublin_rfk like this.
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is roughly zero value in this.

Either book as o/w trips for 2 seats each as suggested above or just book as a r/t from each and don't worry about it. Pick seats next to each other and that should hold. If it doesn't getting it fixed is usually trivial.

8MiHi, skyvan and Dublin_rfk like this.
  4. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the help, don't know why I did not think of the two one ways, but then haven't had the experience some of you have had. I will suggest this to my friends, again thanks.

skyvan likes this.