Award Ticketed, but miles not taken from acct

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by dkelly1110, Sep 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. dkelly1110
    Original Member

dkelly1110 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Had an award ticket with BA to fly on LAN down to South America. Reservation shows on BA.com, tickets are issued - complete with ticket numbers. Called LAN to make sure they show the reservation as ticketed and confirmed and they do. But the miles are still in the BA account. Any idea what's going on?

2. Bluto
    Original Member

Bluto Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just booked a pair of tickets for my parents and the same thing seems to be happening. I booked the outbound online on ba.com to fly on a partner airline. I then called to book the return flight over the phone because there's a stopover on that portion of the trip. I checked later and both were ticketed with ticket numbers but only half the miles have been deducted from the account so it seems like they forgot to do so for one of the bookings. I called the partner airline and confirmed. My credit card has been charged for taxes and fees for both bookings.

3. dkelly1110
    Original Member

dkelly1110 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Intere
    Interesting. "Don't call the airline" is usually a mantra, but in this case, I don't want to get screwed out of an award that I rightfully booked. With LAN seeing the award ticketed and confirmed in their system, it just baffles me even more. I am operating under the impression those miles are gone and spent; it is just so bizarre.

4. Bluto
    Original Member

Bluto Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did you book your award online or did you call to book? My parents' flight is not for awhile. Obviously, I'd rather they have a trouble-free trip than to have the miles. I have already called to verify ticket numbers and confirmed status at the operating carriers. I am not sure what else I can do to verify that it indeed exists.

5. dkelly1110
    Original Member

dkelly1110 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had stopovers so I called to book. But you're right, what else can ya do?

6. Bluto
    Original Member

Bluto Silver Member

Status Points:
    Btw, my miles were finally deducted today. I don't know what triggered it. Maybe someone just got around to it today. Strange.

7. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    Possibly batch processing. This is pretty common. Higher up on my list of priorities are whether I've got a confirmed reservation in the award booking class; and whether I've got an issued (or re-issued) ticket.

8. dkelly1110
    Original Member

dkelly1110 Silver Member

Status Points:
    More than 2 weeks later, they were gone.