Award ticket with duplicated segments

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by mtkeller, Oct 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've got a DL award ticket that contains MH business class flights. Since MH has changed the booking class for business awards from I to U, my DL reservation is now showing the MH segments twice, once in I and once in U. This happened a week ago, and I figured the ticket would automatically re-issue with the correct segments after a couple of days. Now, however, I'm starting to wonder if I should bring this to DL's attention at some point. The MH flights aren't for two months, so it's probably not a big deal at the moment, but I thought I'd see if anyone had any experience with duplicated partner segments and how quickly (or not) they resolve themselves.

Also, the coupon status for a couple of KL segments in that booking is "A-KL" instead of "O-KL". Any ideas what that means?

2. MalcoveMagnesia
    Original Member

MalcoveMagnesia Silver Member

Status Points:
    were those two KL segments waitlisted for anything (seats, upgrade space, etc.)?

3. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    No. It's a J award ticket, but I purposefully booked the two short-haul KL segments in Y to save on UK taxes, so no seat assignment possible until OLCI. I can't be 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure they showed O-KL earlier (matching the two O-KE and two O-MH segments).